DevOps Engineering as part of a growing infrastructure team in the space industry.
About Saber Astronautics
Saber Astronautics is an Australian space company whose mission is to reduce barriers to space flight, making it more accessible to people on Earth. Lead by an experienced team of space operators, data scientists, engineers and UX designers, Saber creates mission operations software (PIGI), space data services (space weather, situational awareness, groundstations), space data visualisation tools and engineering solutions for space companies around the world, as well as the Australian and United States Air Forces. Saber is headquartered in Sydney, NSW with additional offices around Australia and in Colorado, USA.
The successful applicant will be responsible for various open source and proprietary services managed by Saber Astronautics. They will generally be involved in developing, updating and maintaining websites, APIs, related microservices and open source repositories.
A DevOps Engineers role at Saber Astronautics varies across different technical areas, including internal systems management, development tasks automation and infrastructure reliability. You will be responsible for building and configuring software for release and test automation. You will also be involved in the security and reliability aspects of the system through continual monitoring and control. You will be a key member of the team seeking out how to automate, scale and drive efficiency across product suites and platforms reporting directly to the Head of Infrastructure and Analytics.
You will be required to implement scaling computing clusters, workflows and improve the Saber Space Operations UX.
Strong Python skills and experience in back end development is a requirement. Desired additional skills include familiarity with web frameworks such as Flask for API development, along with an understanding of (AWS/Azure) microservices server architecture.
Due to the secure nature of the work you may be required to perform, you must be Australian citizen. Non-negotiable. PR and work visas are not able to be hired for this position.
Typical tasks required of a Saber DevOps Engineer:
- + Python coding experience essential
- + Applying AWS (required) and Azure (additional) knowledge and skills to setup cloud infrastructure for software projects
- + Designing, developing, and implementing software integrations based on user feedback
- + Troubleshooting production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- + Implementing automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- + Analysing code and communicating detailed reviews to development teams to help improve applications and the timely completion of projects
- + Collaborating with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- + Optimising the company’s computing architecture
- + Optimise and control costs of the company’s computing infrastructure
- + Conducting systems tests for security, performance, and availability
- + Develop and maintain design and troubleshooting documentation
- + Significant experience working with Linux and web applications at scale
- + Strong understanding of networking and systems architecture
- + Proven experience deploying, scaling and monitoring web applications and databases
- + Familiar with CI/CD and/or DevOps work environment
- + Experience working with automation tools such as CloudFormation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Terraform
- + Micro-service development experience
- + Bash scripting and experience using Python (or similar) to write automation scripts and tools
- + Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- + Good knowledge of AWS and/or Azure platforms
- + Experience working in high-performance or web-scale environment
- + Experience with Docker and ideally Kubernetes
- + Experience with serverless technologies such as API Gateway and AWS Lambda/Azure Functions
- + Experience developing with Python and/or Flask and REST API architectures
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Sydney, Australia
- + Certification or degree in computer science/software engineering and/or
- + 3-5+ years experience required.
- + AWS Developer certified or equivalent experience - Additional AWS/Azure certifications highly regarded
- + Good relationship and team player skills
- + Must be an Australian citizen
- + Have a keen interest in space.
- + Must be detail-oriented self-starter and the ability to remain professional.
- + Strong communication skills and ability to interface with multiple departments and clients.
- + Conducts self in an appropriate manner and values consistent with Saber Astronautics
How to Apply
All applications need the following information supplied:
- + Cover letter
- + Evidence of Australian Citizenship
- + CV or Resume
- + Portfolio of prior work:
- - Code samples in Python
- - Other projects of note.
Once you have assembled your application, email the completed bundle to: email@example.com with the with the job role as the email subject.
Applications Close: 5pm 21 September 2020 AEST.