Experienced Electrical or Mechatronic Engineer
Experienced Electrical or Mechatronics Engineer required to design and construct a prototype control system for a Satellite De-Orbit subsystem.
Saber Astronautics is seeking an experienced Electrical or Mechatronics Engineer with 5-10 years industry experience to work in a contracted position on a NASA funded SBIR grant.
You will be working on the control system for Saber's DragEN Electrodynamic Tether. The control system will comprise a power module, microcontroller or PLD with communications (USB Serial etc), A/D signal processing, and various GPIO to control external devices and receive sensor data. A design for a plasma contactor (Cathode) will also need to be considered.
Must be a United States citizen. Non-negotiable.
- + 5-10 years experience in PCB, microcontroller and signal processing
- + Must be comfortable designing, fabricating and testing PCB's using CAD tools such as Altium's Protel.
- + Must be familiar with low voltage circuit design (0-100 V).
- + Must be comfortable designing both Analogue and Digital Electronics.
- + Must be comfortable with control system design, Microcontrollers/PLD's & developing embedded firmware.
- + Existing knowledge of electrodynamic tethers, the plasma field around the earth, Field Emission Array Cathods and other types of cold (or hot) cathode technology is a big plus.
- + Experience working with electronics for either hazardous or aerospace environments is a plus.
- + Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering.
- + Must be a United States citizen
- + Location or willing to relocated to: Boulder, CO, USA
About Saber Astronautics
Saber Astronautics is an Australian space company whose mission is to reduce barriers to space flight, making it more accessible to people on Earth. Lead by an experienced team of space operators, data scientists, engineers and UX designers, Saber creates mission operations software (PIGI), space data services (space weather, situational awareness, groundstations), space data visualisation tools and engineering solutions for space companies around the World, as well as the Australian and United States Air Forces. Saber is headquartered in Sydney, NSW with additional offices in Australia and Colorado, USA.
How to Apply
All applications need the following information supplied:
- + Cover letter
- + CV or Resume
- + Portfolio of prior work:
- - Examples of electronic control systems you have designed and constructed
Once you have assembled your application, email the completed bundle to: email@example.com with the with the job role as the email subject.
Applications Close: 5pm 31st September 2020 PST.