Space Simulation Software Engineer
Software development in 3D mission operations software.
The Space Simulation Software Engineer will be developing next generation space mission control software for PC/Mac/Linux. The successful applicants will have strong coding skills in C# or C++, with preferably 1+ years experience in Unity or other 3D game engine(s) (for example, Unreal Engine). The engineer will develop features based on requests from the space industry, Saber's own Responsive Space Operations Centres (RSOC/Mission Control Centres), and assist in debugging and complex solving issues. The successful applicants will require strong C# (or transferable C++) knowledge, such as experience interfacing with APIs and C# libraries or a similarly deep knowledge of other C family development libraries. A successful applicant will have experience working as part of a team, utilising tools such as git or equivalent version control.
Due to the secure nature of the work you may be required to perform, you must be Australian citizen. Non-negotiable. PR and work visas are not able to be hired for this position.
- + Version control experience utilising industry standard software such as git.
- + Strong math skills are required
- + Experience with Orbital Mechanics is highly desired
- + Experience handling API libraries and unit testing
- + Experience following and maintaining a code style along with commenting code
- + A Bachelors Degree or better in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- + Good relationship and team building skills
- + Strong skills in C family languages
- + Enjoys working with Test Driven Development coding standards
- + Prior experience working in a team environment.
- + Conducts self in an appropriate manner and values consistent with Saber Astronautics
About Saber Astronautics
Saber Astronautics is an Australian and US space company whose mission is to reduce barriers to space flight, making it more accessible to people on Earth. Lead by an experienced team of space operators, data scientists, engineers and UX designers, Saber creates mission operations software (PIGI), space data services (space weather, situational awareness, groundstations), space data visualisation tools and engineering solutions for space companies around the World, as well as the Australian and United States Air Forces. Saber's Australian operations are headquartered in Sydney, NSW with additional offices in Australia and Colorado, USA.
How to Apply
All applications need the following information supplied:
- + Cover letter
- + Evidence of Australian Citizenship
- + CV or Resume
- + Portfolio of prior work:
- - Code samples in Python and C#/C++
- - Projects that you've developed/worked on in Unity or other game engines (if any)
- - Other projects you have worked on that you believe will strengthen your application
Once you have assembled your application, email the completed bundle to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the with the job role as the email subject.
Applications Close: 5pm 31 August 2020 AEST.